Confidential data refers to information provided by students and staff. It also includes contracts, invoices, receipts, assessment papers, academic results, financial information and any other information deemed confidential by Boston Business School.
Boston Business School commits to protect confidentiality and security of any information provided to Boston Business School. Boston Business School manages information professionally and with utmost respect and care.
In the course of doing business, Boston Business School collects information such as names, addresses, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of students.
Boston Business School shall not sell for profit or gain or furnish under any type of reciprocal information sharing arrangement, through electronic means or otherwise, confidential data to others.
The word ‘Confidential’ shall be printed in all relevant forms used by students and staff providing personal data or information to Boston Business School.
Boston Business School shall not reveal confidential data to any external organisation unless required by law.
Purpose for collecting information includes:
- Processing application, registration and enquiry
- Updating records in databases
- Planning educational courses
- Monitoring and improving the provision of educational courses
- Keeping stakeholders posted of new courses and latest events
- Helping to serve students better
- Purposes incidental to each or all of the above.
In the event Boston Business School intends to use data provided for other purposes beyond the original intent of data collection, Boston Business School shall seek written permission from students and/or staff before using the data.
Parties receiving information includes:
- Staff of Boston Business School and/or our partner institutions
- IT service providers engaged by Boston Business School and/or our partner institutions
- Local and foreign government agencies who require the information for administrative purposes
- Employer organisations and/or referees in circumstances when such disclosure is deemed necessary by BBS and/or partner institutions to further the application
- Any other education establishments, which student may apply to do a course
Boston Business School has put in place following security procedures to ensure absolute adherence to confidentiality policy:
- Undertaking by staff to maintain confidentiality of information
- Access to sensitive information restricted to senior staff
- Information in ICT systems can only be amended or deleted by senior staff
- ICT systems password protected, virus protected, regularly maintained and data constantly backed up
- Staff and student personal files as well as assessment materials and results kept under lock and key