About Pearson (www.pearson.com/uk)
Pearson Education Limited is the UK’s largest awarding body providing a wide range of qualifications including academic, vocational, occupational and specific programmes for employers.
Pearson is the world’s leading learning company with the aim is to help everyone progress in their lives through education. Pearson has been involved in education for over 150 years, and by working across 70 countries, in 100 languages, have built an international reputation for a commitment to high standards and raising achievement through innovation in education.
BTEC Higher National Diplomas (HND) provides programme of specialist vocational learning at Level 5, reflecting the needs of professional organisations. The qualification places a strong emphasis on developing practical, specialist knowledge and understanding. It is recognised internationally by employers and institutes of higher learning.
The Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) code is known as a Qualification Number (QN). Each unit within a qualification will also have a QCF unit code. The QCF qualification and unit codes will appear on learners’ final certification documentation.
The QN for the qualifications in this publication is: 500/8239/5 BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma in Business (QCF)
- Equip individuals with knowledge, understanding and skills for success in a range of administrative and management positions in business
- Provide specialist routes of study which relate to individual professions within the business world in which learners are working or intend to seek employment
- Enable progression to an undergraduate degree or further professional qualification in business or a related area
- Support individuals employed or entering employment in the business field
- Develop the individual’s ability in the business field through effective use and combination of the knowledge and skills gained in different parts of the programme
– Aspects of Contract and Negligence for Business
– Business Decision Making
– Business Environment
– Business Strategy
– Managing Financial Resources and Decisions
– Marketing Principles
– Organisations and Behaviour
– Research Project
Optional Units (4 units must be completed)
– Administrative Services
– Business Events Management
– Operations Management in Business
– Project Management for Business
– Small Business Enterprise
– Advertising and Promotion in Business
– Managing Business Activities to Achieve Results
– Managing Communications, Knowledge and Information
– Marketing Intelligence
– Marketing Planning
– Sales Planning and Operations
– Personal and Professional Development
– Working with and Leading People
Specialist Units (4 units must be completed)
– Employee Relations
– Human Resource Management
– Human Resources Development
– Managing Human Resources
Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma in Business (Human Resource Management) (QCF) will be awarded if the student completes 8 Mandatory Units, 4 Optional Units and 4 Specialist Units.