About Pearson (www.pearson.com/uk)
Pearson Education Limited is the UK’s largest awarding body providing a wide range of qualifications including academic, vocational, occupational and specific programmes for employers.
Pearson is the world’s leading learning company with the aim is to help everyone progress in their lives through education. Pearson has been involved in education for over 150 years, and by working across 70 countries, in 100 languages, have built an international reputation for a commitment to high standards and raising achievement through innovation in education.
BTEC Higher National Certificate (HNC) in Business provides a specialist work-related programme of study that covers the key knowledge, understanding and practical skills required in the business sector and also offers particular specialist emphasis through the choice of specialist units.
- Equip individuals with knowledge, understanding and skills for success in a range of administrative and management positions in business.
- Enable progression to an undergraduate degree or further professional qualification in business or a related area.
- Support individuals employed or entering employment in the business field.
- Develop the individual’s ability in the business field through effective use and combination of the knowledge and skills gained in different parts of the programme.
– Business Environment
– Managing Financial Resources and Decisions
– Marketing Principles
– Organisations and Behaviour
Optional Units (4 units must be completed)
Students are required to complete four optional part-time units to obtain the BTEC Level 4 HNC Diploma in Singapore. The units include:
– Aspects of Contract and Negligence for Business
– Business Decision Making
– Business Strategy
– Research Project
– Managing Business Activities to Achieve Results
– Managing Communications, Knowledge and Information
– Personal and Professional Development
– Advertising and Promotion in Business
– Marketing Intelligence
– Human Resource Management
– Managing Human Resources
– Business Events Management