HTMS – Hospitality and Tourism Marketing Strategies
In today’s increasingly competitive business environment, there has been a shift from traditional marketing towards more varied approaches. In particular, there has been a change from transactional to relationship management in marketing. The current market consumers determine whether brand and image are coherent and organisations recognize the power of brand and image as central to marketing activity. Today’s brands are often built with effective PR campaigns and then maintained through a blend of marketing and PR. The impact of the Internet is having profound effect upon PR and marketing practices. Therefore, the aims of this unit are to enable candidates to develop their understanding and ability to critically evaluate marketing, branding and public relations strategies in the hospitality and tourism industry. Candidates will be able to develop marketing, branding and public relations strategies that increase competitive advantage for the organisation.
1. Develop marketing strategies for hospitality and tourism organisations.
2. Critically evaluate marketing communication strategies for hospitality and tourism organisations.
MLAC – Management and Leadership Across Cultures
This unit enables learners to develop the knowledge and skills necessary to lead and motivate workforces across many different cultural backgrounds and respond to the needs and expectations of culturally diverse customers. Learners will achieve this by developing a critical understanding of the range of issues associated with management and leadership across cultures, including managing cultural diversity and theories of motivation.
1. Lead and motivate a workforce across different cultures.
2. Manage cultural diversity within an organization.
HTSP – Hospitality and Tourism Strategic Planning
Learners will develop strategic business planning skills for hospitality and tourism organisations. Learners will critically evaluate the theories of business strategy and develop skills to analyse strategic fit and develop business strategy for hospitality or tourism organisations. Learners will be able to evaluate the risks and consider the management of strategic implementation and business ethics.
1. Critically evaluate strategic options for a hospitality and tourism organisation.
2. Develop a Business Strategy for a Hospitality or Tourism organisation.
MHTP – Managing Hospitality and Tourism Projects
Learners will develop the skills required in project management and decision making within hospitality and tourism organisations. Learners will be able to critically evaluate a range of project management tools and apply them to the development and implementation of a project plan.
1. Critically evaluate the theories, concepts and tools relating to project management and decision making for a hospitality or tourism organisation.
2. Define a specific project for a hospitality and tourism organisation.
3. Develop a project plan.
RMHTM – Research Methods for Hospitality and Tourism Managers
Learners will be able to plan and implement a hospitality and tourism research project as well as develop the skills required for research design, research methods and research presentation.
1. Plan a hospitality and tourism research project
2. Implement a hospitality or tourism research project.