How to Apply
Local students refer to Singapore Citizens, Singapore Permanent Residents and foreigners who hold a valid pass other than a Student Pass, for example, dependent pass, social visit pass, work pass, etc.
International students refer to foreigners who hold a valid Student Pass issued by Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA).
Attend and acknowledge pre-course counseling service from BBS staff or authorised education agents.
Complete the Online Application form and provide the following documents to support your application:
- Copy of NRIC / Passport
- Copies of all educational certificates and transcripts
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Proof of employment history (if any)
- One passport-size photograph
Note: An official translation is required if documents are not in English
It takes 2 to 7 working days to process your application.
If your application is successful, you will receive an Offer of Admission letter together with the following documents:
- Advisory Note to Students
- Student Contract
If you are an international student, acceptance to the course is subject to the approval of your Student Pass by ICA. Also, a training work permit is required to undertake the industrial attachment. The application for training work permit is subject to approval by MOM.
Please see Annex for Student Pass application procedure for International Students.
If you wish to accept the offer, you must complete, sign and send back 1 copy of the Advisory Note to Students and the Student Contract.
If we do not receive your completed and signed documents within the timeline stated in your Offer of Admission letter, it will be assumed that you do not wish to accept the offer and the offer will be deemed withdrawn.
Appeal Against Rejection
If your application is rejected, you can submit an appeal in writing to the Academic Manager/Principal within 7 working days from the date of rejection to have the outcome of your application reviewed by the Academic Board.
You will be notified about the outcome of your appeal within 7 working days from the date of appeal. The decision of the Academic Board is final. If your appeal is unsuccessful, we may recommend that you pursue an alternative course of study.
New Application for Student Pass
If you are an international student, you must apply for a Student Pass to study full-time in Boston Business School. You must submit your application to Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) through the Student Pass OnLine Application & Registration (SOLAR+) system at least two months prior to course commencement date. It takes about 4 to 6 weeks to know the outcome of your application. You are not required to be present in Singapore while your application is being considered. If approved, you would receive an in-principle approval letter (IPA) for Student Pass and a single-journey entry visa to enter and stay up to 30 days in Singapore.
To collect your Student Pass card, you must visit ICA and bring along the following documents:
- In-principle approval letter from ICA
- Embarkation/disembarkation card
- SOLAR+ e-Forms
- Medical report
- Duly completed security bond form and a security deposit in the form of banker’s guarantee
Renewal of Student Pass
If you require an extension of the Student Pass to continue the same course, you must submit a renewal application to ICA at least 2 weeks prior to the expiry of the current Student Pass.
Cancellation of Student Pass
You are required to surrender your Student Pass for cancellation within 7 working days from the date of cessation or termination of your study.
Important Notes to Student Pass Holders
International students must abide by the following rules and regulations under which the Student Pass is issued by ICA:
- The Student Pass is issued to you for the purpose of studying in a particular course with BBS.
- You must carry your Student Pass at all times.
- It is the Schools responsibility to inform ICA if you fail to attend classes for a continuous period of 7 days or more without valid reason, or where your attendance falls below 90% in any month of the course without valid reason, or if you have completed the course or wish to terminate your studies with the School. ICA will cancel your Student Pass under any of the above mentioned circumstances.
- You are strictly prohibited from working in Singapore, even if it does not involve any payment to you.
- You must strictly observe all laws, rules and regulations of Singapore.
- You cannot be adopted by any Singaporean or Singapore Permanent Resident while being a Student Pass holder.
- You cannot be married to a Singaporean or Singapore Permanent Resident while being a Student Pass holder.
- You are not allowed to overstay in Singapore after the Student Pass has expired, unless with written approval from ICA.